Over the weekend I competed in Ludum Dare 24 for my third time and managed to whip together a game in 48 hours. Here is what I ended up making.

Developed with C# in the Unity engine, this was mainly a test to see if the underlying framework I developed would stand up to rapid development. The actual framework is a collection of tie-in’s to various services (Scoreoid for example) along with handling common things like score / profile management. Overall I found a couple of flaws in the current system where some elements were very dependant on others and as I want the framework to be a modular as possible it will need a re-think.

Overall though I am very happy with the game that I ended up creating, I had hoped to add a few more enemies into the mix and some more gameplay mechanics like power-ups and upgrades but that’ll have to happen in version 2. I’d like to thank Ludum Dare for hosting a great competition once again and I look forward to the next one!

Downloads / Links to the game

Mac – Windows – Web